Do you remember your first 10?
Every business starts somewhere. There are very few that got off the ground with hundreds or thousands of customers rather than ten, one, or none.
The first ten are a huge deal for a bunch of reasons. They validate the business and the founders’ reason for starting up. They inform strategy. They are the ones who will tell the others (or not). They may even be the only customers a company will ever need.
Conor McCarthy’s new podcast focuses on this oft-overlooked but crucial area: how business builders got their first ten.
I was delighted to be invited to appear.
In this episode we get into:
- My entrepreneurial journey
- How I used bulletin boards to find customers
- The power of mirroring graphic design trends to segment clients
- Why separate mission and vision
- The importance of continuously iterate value propositions
and a whole load more…