A few of my favourite books, blogs, podcasts, tools, playlists, and mixtapes.
- The Moment: hosted by Billions showrunner Brian Koppelman, an interview series with creative people on the moments that defined their careers
- Pivot: I find myself drawn to this, despite finding the hosts a little off-putting at times and the focus on big tech a little uninteresting. What works for me is the dynamic, the strong opinions, and the view on how business and society impact each other
- Akimbo: Seth Godin’s weekly missive. I still don’t know how he conjures this up every time
- The Business of Authority: practical, actionable advice on becoming an authority as an independent practitioner
- Tickets: ok this one’s by me…
- The Tension: and this one 🙂
I like reading. I also like collating things to read.
There are a few piles of books in my apartment, a list of books on a Trello board, clippings from articles, transcripts from videos, blog posts to review.
I’m currently collating a new list 🙂
This list could be very very long…but here are 12 of my favourites, in chronological order from the first time I saw them.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- La Haine
- The Usual Suspects
- The French Connection
- The Prestige
- Michael Clayton
- Marriage Story
When I was 8 years old I bought my first album – The Greatest Hits of 1990 compilation.
It was a double cassette as we didn’t have a CD player at home.
I was exposed to such wonders as Adamski, The Adventures of Stevie V and 808 State (alongside Jason Donovan and Bros of course), and would constantly play, rewind, play, rewind.
At the time I had no idea what these crazy sounds were, but I liked them.
Fast forward 25 years or so and I’ve since spent time working in a record store, promoting events, DJ’ing, and representing artists as a talent agent.
It’s pretty safe to say music is a big part of my life.
Here are a few things I’m listening to right now. Enjoy.
I've also listed out the various tools and technologies I use in my work