I've been a DJ, forest rave promoter, Ministry of Defence employee, journalist, digital producer, radio host, talent agent, teacher, product manager, coach, and entrepreneur.
Believe it or not, there's a common thread: creating platforms and opportunities for people to find their voice, share their stories, and discover, learn and connect.
Questions I seek to answer
Much of my work revolves around these questions:
How can I feel better equipped to do the work I want to do in the world?
How can education be less dry and disconnected?
Where are the stories of entrepreneurs I can actually relate to?
Wtf does my next career chapter look like?
Am I the only person who’s struggling with this?
And perhaps most importantly of all...
Where can I find the perfect breakfast?
What I'm working on
- Wavetable: a new wave education company creating a more connected and engaging future of learning
- My own content: mainly articles, a newsletter, and podcasts, plus various bits on LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
- Fondo: a navigation portal for career explorers, adventurers, and guides
- Helping others: Teaching, Speaking, Coaching, Mentoring
Here’s more on what I’m doing now.
Here’s my Bio
Some other (possibly) useful information:
- My core values are Freedom, Curiosity, Collaboration, Learning by Doing, and Inclusivity
- If I’m good at anything it’s probably investigating, designing, and communicating ideas. Especially all three together. While drinking coffee
- I’m a Gemini, Enneagram Type 5, left-handed, and very tall
Other stuff I'm into...
- Music (techno, post-punk, afrobeat and a lot more – I’m also considering coming out of DJ retirement…let’s see)
- Boxing (southpaw)
- Football/soccer (centre-back to play, Crystal Palace to watch – both are erratic and unglamorous, but sometimes pretty effective)
- Traveling (wherever I can)
- Improv & Standup Comedy (trying not to be a 3rd rate Larry David)
- Yoga (frog, on a very good day)
- Cycling (single speed)
- Kayaking (slowly)
- Reading (mainly non-fiction plus some Nordic noir)
- Cooking (Ottolenghi style)
I’ve collected some of my favourite podcasts, playlists, books, and other things. Check 'em out.
Here's are some of the tools and technologies I use in my work.
Get in touch
- Email: This is usually the best way to get in touch. Although I read 100% of emails, I can't promise a response to absolutely everything. If you reply to my Adventures... newsletter with a specific question or comment, the chances I'll reply are far higher.
- Social Media: If you've got a short message or question, please tweet @HowardGray and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. You can also try Instagram DMs but I don't check 'em that often
- In person: I love meeting up with people in-person (no, really.). If you're in NYC some time and want to get together, send me an email.