I’m a professional coach specializing in helping people to build successful and fulfilling careers in today’s rapidly changing world.
This is a fairly common question. Coaching is still a relatively nascent discipline and there are numerous approaches, methodologies, and types of coaches out there.
My preferred definition of coaching is as a powerful partnership between you and your coach that helps you focus, become more effective, and realize your visions and goals.
With a professional coach, you can develop the tools and support to remove obstacles and facilitate the changes you want to see in your life. Coaching is focused on the present and future rather than the past.
As well as being a coach, I also work with a coach. I’ve seen just how valuable it’s been for me in helping to clarify my thinking, see new ways of doing things, get unstuck, and make genuine progress in what I want to do in my life and work.
To learn more about coaching as a discipline
Press the button below to chat about working together, or read on to find out more.Inquire Now
I work with executives, entrepreneurs, and independent professionals to help them navigate their career journeys, discover new pathways, and find success on their own terms.
My coaching work helps clients to:
- set and achieve goals
- define success
- better understand themselves and their peers
- build leadership skills
- find new ways to overcome challenges
- get unstuck
- maintain focus
- step into the right positions to maximize their potential in today’s fast-paced, exciting, and sometimes confusing world
The majority of my clients work in and around the creative & digital economy. I often work with clients who are:
- Growing a business – whether as a solopreneur, in an emerging company, or scaling up
- In a leadership or management position within a company
- Making a career transition
Thanks to a wealth of digital communication methods I am able to work with people from across the globe as well as in my home location of New York City.
To fully invest myself into each client’s success I work only with a small number of people at one time.
However, even if your needs fall outside of the remit outlined above I encourage you to get in touch as I’m happy to recommend you some other people to connect with.
It’s also important to note that coaching is not therapy or counseling, although it has links to both fields. More on that via the FAQ
I’ve been doing this work for almost as long as I can remember, starting with coaching my brother’s football (soccer) team when I was 13.
It’s followed me throughout my career: the greatest pride I took from being a company founder was being able to provide a platform for a group of talented people to build their creative careers. I still love being able to cheer them on from the sidelines today.
But frankly I used to think the concept of ‘coaching’ was a bit weird – why would anyone need this outside of a sports team?
As I adopted more of a growth mindset in various areas of my life I realized there were so many things to explore and learn – about the world, about other people, and about myself.
I started to look at all the things I didn’t know rather than what I did.
Coupling that curiosity with an interest in what enabled successful people to do what they did led me towards what I do now (and yup you guessed it, a significant factor for nearly all these people was coaching).
Over the past 3 years, I’ve more formally built my skill set in this field via lots of facilitation, mentoring, learning design, and creative and entrepreneurial endeavors.
I’ve also experienced the successes, failures and valuable learnings that inevitably come with putting yourself out there and doing something new, so I’m well positioned to work with clients who are entrepreneurs or moving into more visible leadership positions.
What makes me different
You may be thinking there are plenty of coaches out there – and you’d be right.
There are a few things that make me different – and while each one individually isn’t necessarily unique, the sum of these parts gives me a perspective and vantage point that I can utilize to help my clients do great things.
- I’ve been an entrepreneur, a manager, freelance, consulting, employed, unemployed, mentor, mentee. Tea boy, CEO, and most other things in between
- I’ve struggled. I’ve felt pain getting a company off the ground, hitting a plateau and a ceiling, not getting promoted, experiencing tension with new bosses, working out how to manage difficult team members. I definitely wear a few battle scars
- I’ve been through a bunch of career transitions (roles, industries, cities, countries, cultures) and have had to reposition and rethink things more than once
- Over my career I’ve collected lots of advice, quotes, techniques, frameworks and other useful morsels. I didn’t know exactly where they’d come into play, but it turns out this is a treasure trove for coaching clients to access
- A lot of coaches don’t have any formal qualifications. That’s not necessarily a red flag, but I feel the nature of this very personal and trusting work demands both solid foundations and ongoing professional development.
- With that in mind, I’m currently certifying as an international professional coach via the Coaching For Transformation program run by Leadership That Works in New York City.
- I teach and facilitate workshops and classes for everyone from 5-year-old kids to Fortune 100 C-suite. Doing this work has taught me a lot about listening, knowledge sharing, timing, personalizing, and a number of other skills that hugely aid my abilities as a coach
- I only work with a handful of clients at any time
- I have a specialized focus on creative & digital industries
You’ve read this far – maybe we’re a good fit to work together.
Individuals: You can work with me 1:1, either remotely or in-person if you’re based in New York.
Company Teams: I offer a blended package for companies that
Office Hours: It’s important to me that I can work with people from all backgrounds and circumstances, and I
all options (except Office Hours) include:
- a detailed initial discovery session
- email follow-ups after each session
- direct access to me via phone, text
andemail between sessions
- optional recordings of sessions (for your personal use only)
To find out more, drop me a line and we can set up a time for an initial conversation, completely free of charge and with no obligation.
There’s plenty about me on this site, but I welcome you to do some more digging on my background, my values and my way of thinking.
I’m happy to provide some references on request.
If you think we could be a good fit to work together, please fill out this brief form and we can set up a time to talk.
I look forward to hearing from you.